What comes to your mind when you hear about glycerin? Perhaps an aqueous solution that contains some 60% sweetness due to the honey used in extraction. Today, cannabis glycerin is a buzzword you will hear almost every other time among stoners. Essentially, using glycerin to make a cannabis extract helps you come up with the tastiest cannabis concentrate.
Nonetheless, it will be somewhat unjust for a keen AMS follower like you to fail to know how you can make vegetable glycerin tincture at the comfort of your abode.
Before debunking into all details on how to make a super cannabis glycerin tincture, let’s have a glance at the…
Benefits of making your glycerin tincture
- Making a cannabis tincture infused with glycerin is among the easiest recipes to come up with, and enjoy the effects of your favorite strain regardless of being a beginner or a veteran.
- It is easy to tweak a cannabis tincture into one's tastes and preferences. For instance, the methodology on how to flavor glycerin tincture is easy, and one can make them either subtle or strong by choosing the corresponding strain. Secondly, you can select your favorite strains to address for taking during a specific time of the day. Sativa strains for day time use and Indicas for the night.
- A glycerin tincture is discreet and can literally be taken from anywhere.
- Ganja glycerin tincture also harbors a rich entourage effect. Now that all cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids are available in tinctures, the user will benefit from each effect, thanks to the full-spectrum nature of the tincture.
- There is an array of administration methods depending on the preference of the user. For instance, if one wishes fast cannabis effects, the sublingual administration is the go-to option. On the other hand, oral tincture consumption make the effects stay in the body for long, even though, they take quite some time to kick in.
- Glycerin tincture is free from alcohol; thus, an excellent product for those that are sensitive to alcohol.
How to make a cannabis vegetable glycerin tincture extract
While most cannabis tinctures get made using extraction agents like honey or alcohol, our write-up will show how you can use the glycerol extraction procedure to make your extract. Some manufacturers use vegetable glycerin in the cosmetic space, which means there is some cause for due diligence.
As you buy your vegetable glycerin, be sure to go for that which fir for human consumption. We also understand that you may be worried how to flavor glycerin tincture now that we have said that we won’t be using honey to make it. Well, this odorless and colorless liquid (vegetable glycerin) obtained from plant oils like coconut, palm, or soy harbors a sweet natural taste. It is a good substitute for the pot enthusiasts who don't like the consumption of alcohol.
To make a glycerin extract, let’s look at how you will necessitate the process.
- 20g of ground, well-dried cannabis flower
- 125ml of vegetable glycerin (food grade)
- A grinder
- Baking paper
- Baking tray
- Means of cooking
- A dropper bottle
- Wooden spoon.
- Start off by breaking the carboxyl group from the cannabis flower. Also called decarboxylating cannabis, it involves the conversion of CBDA to CBD and THCA to THC to help in upping the entourage effect and enabling the user to garner all the effects of a specific pot strain.Decarboxylating weed involves heating cannabis at medium temperatures (preferably between 100°C and 115°C). The temperature should be kept at these temperatures so as not to destroy the terpenes, flavonoids and potency of the concentrate.
- After 40 minutes, place the decarbed weed between the fingers and roll it. If it breaks fast, then the time is ripe to make a concentrate.
- Place the decarboxylated grass in a bowl and pour the vegetable glycerin inside the same dish.
- Stir the glycerin and the cannabis until there is a uniform mixture
- Place the mixture on a crockpot and place it on heat at 85°C and time for precisely an hour. The color should turn from green to olive. Using a wooden spoon, stir this mixture and return it to heat until it becomes brown. That should take between 6 and 7 hours.
- Let the mixture heat for the next 24 hours, but ensure that you stir it using the wooden spoon every other 4 hours.
- Place the mixture in a cheesecloth over a bowl after 24 hours elapse. Now that the filtration of a glycerin extract could be daunting, it would be ingenious to ensure that the mixture isn't cold when placing it on the cheesecloth. Importantly, put the extract in the cheesecloth when it is in relatively hot temperatures, but those that don’t make it viscous.
- Allow the extract to cool and using a funnel, pour the obtained extract into dropper bottles.
- Enjoy your home-made cannabis extract tincture.
Glycerin cannabis tends to be highly potent. That said, it would help big time if the maker is watchful about the amounts of tincture getting administered into the body.
Storing your cannabis glycerin extract
Ganja glycerin tincture has a somewhat shorter life-shelf life and not unless you know how to store your home-made goodie, then the shelf-life will keep on getting shorter and shorter.
Averagely, when all factors get considered, vegetable glycerin tincture will stay potent at a maximum of a year. Mainly, the sooner you take it after preparation, the more potent it will be.
As seen on the equipment needed in making this type of extract, dropper bottles are among the list. It would be fantastic to place it there and refrigerate the extract at the moment when you are not using it. Importantly, this extremely potent product should be kept away from children’s reach.
Also, the dropper bottles should be tightly closed to avoid the escaping of the cannabis flavors. Closing the lids well is an ideal measure to preserve not only the flavors and potency but also the terpenoids.
Do you have tricks we didn't mention about how to make glycerin extract? Drop them in the comments! Buy the best quality cannabis seeds at AMS, your online seedbank since 1997!