Making cannabis capsules is one of the many enjoyable practices marijuana lovers can enjoy daily. However, a few weed users want to know how to make cannabis oil capsules. If you are one of those that ask how to make cannabis capsules at home, consider this article to be your ultimate guide.
Let's look at the recipe below.
Canna caps recipe
If you want your cannabis-infused capsules to look amazing, you need the following materials and tools:
- Approximately 7-15 grams of dried cannabis. You must ensure the cannabis is ground and dry. Alternatively, you can use ground trim or kief
- ½ teaspoon of soy lecithin
- ¼ -½ of cooking oil. If possible, use an extra organic virgin
- Approximately 50 gelatin capsules. These capsules need to be empty
- 10mm syringe
- Capsule filling machine
- 1 glass bowl
- 1 cooking pot (must have a lid)
- 1 baking tray
- 1 rubber band
- 1 small bowl
- 1 spatula
- A piece of cheesecloth
- A parchment paper (1 sheet)
Instructions on how to make cannabis oil capsules
Now that you have the canna caps recipe ready, it is time you know how to use everything you have just assembled. Follow these instructions to make your homemade cannabis-infused capsules:
- The first step towards making homemade infused capsules is preheating your oven. Ensure the oven does not exceed 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover the baking sheet using aluminum foil. Doing this will prevent the cannabis from sticking to the baking sheet. If you use the sheet without aluminum foil, it will be difficult to remove the cannabis afterward.
- Ensure you have at least 5.5 grams of small cannabis buds. There is no harm in reducing or increasing the number of cannabis buds a little.
- To ensure the cannabis buds or trim cook evenly, you need to grind them. You can use a manual grinder or a food processor for fine grinding. If you opt for a food processor, do not exceed 5 to 8 seconds of grinding.
- Evenly spread the ground cannabis trim on the baking sheet you put aluminum foil on in step 1 above.
- Put everything on the baking sheet in your oven. The oven should not be preheated for any time over 60 minutes.
- As the ingredients heat in the oven, plug in the crock-pot. Although it will turn on immediately if you flip the switch, the crock-pot will take minutes before it finally heats up completely.
- Measure and pour a ¼ cup of coconut or pure virgin oil into the crock pot. Make sure to heat the crock-pot and the bud at the same time. At this time, your concoction should have an intense aroma.
- Remove the mixture you placed in the oven to grind it again. This second grinding aims to ensure that the grind is fine. Again, you can grind the cannabis manually or use a food processor. If you decide to use the latter, you must grind for at least 20 seconds.
- Now that you have the finely-ground cannabis, add it to the preheated crock-pot. Ensure the cooking oil you put into the crock-pot is enough for the contents to submerge.
- The eleventh step to make cannabis capsules is to stir the ingredients until they blend well.
- Let the mixture cook for at least 3 hours. Some people prefer the mixture to cook the whole night, but research shows that even 3 hours of cooking in a crock pot produces a better product. Also, cooking the mixture for a long time does not necessarily increase potency. Be sure to stir the mixture frequently for the first hour.
- Set up the capping machine using the instructions at the back of the container. As you may know, most cap-filling machines are usually equipped with tampers. Thanks to the tampers, you can pack your caps with various materials. However, since you are not using dry herb but liquid cannabis, you may not need a tamper.
- Following the instructions in the letter, put in place 50 capsules inside the capping machine. To ensure you don't lose any caps, all tops should be fixed to the containers.
- Cut a section of cheesecloth. When cutting the cheesecloth, ensure it is two times the size of your microwave's safe container. That way, you will not lose any ingredients later.
- Fold the cheesecloth in half. The aim is to ensure you attain double thickness. Place the folded cheesecloth above the container. It would be best to hold the cheesecloth in place using a rubber band. Remember that you will need this cheesecloth to be fixed firmly so you can strain your oil mixture.
- Unplug your crock pot from the socket and let the mixture rest for about 20 minutes, which is enough time to cool.
- Pour the contents of the crock-pot into the cheesecloth. Do not worry if the contents are hard and dry. If they take the latter form, you can use a spatula to remove the contents from the cheesecloth.
- Cut off the rubber band. If you want to use the rubber band in the future, you can untie it gently without losing the contents on the cheesecloth.
- Bundle up all the contents and squeeze off extra oil. Remove all the oil that may be in the contents of the cheesecloth so that the contents are as dry as possible. It would be best to be careful because the oil is still hot. Alternatively, you can let the contents on the cheesecloth drain themselves by placing the cheesecloth on a mesh colander. This will take longer
- Throw away the used cheesecloth.
- Using the syringe, suck as much cannabis-laden oil.
- Fill each capsule to the brim.
- If the syringe blocks, you can try to unblock it while still warm or fresh, but if the problem persists, you will need to replace it.
- Close up the caps that you've filled up with cannabis oil.
- Put the filled caps inside a refrigerator. Every time you want to eat the caps, go to the fridge and eat as much as you want without necessarily thawing. Don't worry when you see the cold caps turning lighter in color. It is because the coconut oil is solidifying.
Your quest to make canna caps is satisfied. You can choose to eat your cannabis-infused capsules cold straight from the refrigerator. You can also get them out of the fridge for a few hours for the coconut oil to melt, after which you can eat them. I hope you have enjoyed our guide on making Cannabis Infused Capsules.